Understanding the latest EB5 News and the EB5 Visa process with Martin Lawler
From expert Visa consultant Martin Lawler
The EB5 Visa program is governed and administered by USCIS (The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) and is primarily for the entrepreneurs willing to make a capital investment in the United States. The EB-5 visa program comes under the category of employment-based fifth preference visa for the eligible individuals.
This visa program was created to stimulate the US economy by injecting foreign capital thereby creating more job opportunities for US workers. Under the EB5 visa program entrepreneurs along with their legal spouse and unmarried children up to the age of 21 years are eligible to apply for a permanent residency/green card as long as they fulfill the below conditions-
- Are able to make the necessary investment in any of the commercial enterprise in the United States
- Can generate at least 10 permanent full-time jobs for the qualified U.S. workers through their commercial venture plan
What was the aim of EB5 visa program?
- The EB-5 Visa Program was created in the year 1990 with the objective of giving a boost to the U.S. economy through valid capital investment by the foreign investors and job creation for the US workers
- EB-5 visas are mainly issued to the commercial-interest focused participants who are willing to invest in commercial enterprises approved by USCIS to participate in the US economic growth
Role of Martin Lawler as the expert EB5 Visa Consultant
The importance of a qualified and experienced Visa Consultant such as Martin Lawler in efficiently navigating the EB5 visa program is immense. Martin as your EB5 visa consultant can make a great difference in your dream of permanent residency status through the EB5 visa program.
Starting with preparing your case file, gathering all the documents, filing the petition correctly to addressing unexpected issues such as an RFE, Martin offers it all.
Specific solutions offered by Martin for EB5 visa program
The process of EB5 visa application is complicated enough to require the expertise of a professional and a high quality EB5 visa consultant. Martin Lawler of Lawler and Lawler law firm brings many years of rich experience in providing fast and efficient solutions for the EB5 Visa programs. Considering the latest EB5 news and updates in the program, Martin Lawler can help you in below areas-
Navigating the EB5 pathways
There are two different EB-5 pathways for a foreign investor to get the US permanent residency status namely-
- Basic Program
- Regional center pilot program
The capital investment required for both of the above programs is of either $500,000 or $1,000,000 in a new commercial venture within the United States. Furthermore, there is another requirement that the new commercial project must create 10 full-time jobs for the qualifying U.S. workers within two years.
Martin Lawler makes sure to navigate both the pathways thoroughly and help you make a strategic plan for your EB5 visa application as per your eligibility under the mentioned pathways.
Assistance with the end to end EB5 process
There are a number of other requirements that the foreign investors need to adhere to in order to qualify for the EB5 visa category. Martin Lawler, as the experienced Visa consultant, can help you design a strategy to make sure that your situation conforms to these required EB 5 regulations. Some of these regulations are:
- A foreign investor must invest $1 million in a commercial enterprise in the United States that has the potential to create at least 10 full-time jobs for the US workers
- A foreign investor must invest in one of the U.S. government designated Regional Center
- A foreign investor must invest $500,000 in either a new or existing commercial enterprise or other business within the United States that is in either a rural area or an area with high unemployment rate
- A foreign investor must be able to establish that the investment will benefit the U.S. economy in some way
Can help you take the advantage of the EB5 visa category
Martin Lawler with his rich experience as an EB5 visa consultant can help you navigate the EB5 visa process and allow you to take the distinct advantages of the EB5 visa category. Some of these advantages are listed below-
- The EB5 visa application does not require submitting PERM labor certification in order to prove that there is a shortage of the US skilled workers for doing the job
- The EB5 visa does not require the foreign investor to maintain an existing home-country business. Martin Lawler can assist you with the entire procedure where you simply need to shut your business in the home country and can still apply for the permanent residency in the US
- Foreign nations willing to apply for the EB5 visa are not required to demonstrate any advanced skill or need to have a permanent job offer in the U.S for EB5 visa application
Assistance with the process of EB5 visa application
Martin Lawler provides expert assistance in the EB5 visa application process which typically involves steps:
- Filing Form I-526, which is for Immigrant Petition by a foreign entrepreneur
Once the form I-526 petition is approved:
- Filing of Form I-485, which is an application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, or
- Filing of DS-260, which is an application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration
- Providing any other guidance till the form I-485 application is approved and the applicant get EB-5 immigrant visa
Key updates under EB5 visa program and latest EB5 News
- The EB5 Visa Program has been extended to December 8, 2017, to allow the foreign nationals an investment-led opportunity they can become the part of and subsequently apply for the permanent US citizenship/Green Card status
- EB-5 policy manual explains redeployment of funds from one project to another. However, there still are many unanswered questions about how redeployment will actually work. You can read more about it here
- There have been talks of the increase in the EB5 investment amount; however, there is a lot of ambiguity around it. Read more about this here